Saturday, March 3, 2012

Buttons in the desert

Hi, I've been thinking to post some of my textile works, mostly the ones I made in highschool. So, the one you will see now was born in  2003 I think and had the theme of the desert and the sun, something like that.The sun is represented by the different coloured buttons, which appear at the bottom of the work aswell, for harmonizing the work, they could also represent shadows of the sand hills. I didn't really know how this work would be like when I started it, because even my teacher was unsure about my idea, but when finalizing it, something interesting came out, she appreciated it. The buttons and the stuffed material (that represents the sand hills) made a pretty good work. Hope you find it interesting too!!


No comments:

Post a Comment